7.11.2007

Too @#$%^ Hot to Knit

I've been trying to knit on the MS3 stole. I really, truly have. But (it's a big ole BUT), the temps have been in the mid to upper 90s with very high humidity. We live in an old farm house - read that to mean no AC, just some window fans. Anything that requires much movement or effort needs to be done early early in the morning or late at night when the sun isn't blazing/burning. Yes, I'm a wimp. It's the high humidity that makes it suck so bad. You sweat and it doesn't evaporate, you are just hot and wet. Yarn just sticks to your sweaty hands and arms. It's all I can do to keep my clothes on. Well, actually, a couple of times I've gotten down to a night shirt during the afternoons. Thank me profusely now for NOT sharing pictures

Whew, I feel much better now that I've got alll that whining out of my system. It feels like a bad case of knitting withdrawal b*tchiness. The weather is supposed to be cooling off over the next couple of days, so the knitting should recommence.

On one of the knitting groups everyone was asked what they had in progress. My first thought was "hardly anything", then I wrote it out:
Closing toes on a pair of socks - Least favorite part
The huge afghan I started when my father was ill last spring
Stole in white
Stole in grey shetland
Mitred square rug half knitted & then felted
2x2 ribbed socks
Blackwork (type of cross stitch) picture
Special order stitch markers
For thinking I just had a couple of things, it sort of snowballed when I looked at what I was actually doing. No doubt, it's the same way for you. You think you (or your life) doesn't have a lot going on, but realize how much there really is to it. Some good, some sad, but all needed in one way or another.
Another reason to appreciate my husband: I have a small health issue that crops up in hot weather. The ex would let me know I looked like sh*t and needed to do something about it. My husband asks do I need a footstool, do I have plenty of ice, am I drinking enough water, and then he runs the sweeper. It's no wonder I love this man.

1 comment:

Seanna Lea said...

I can completely sympathize about the weather. I've been thankful that the weather has been relatively mild here in the Boston area. It's hard to want to do anything when you just stick to everything.