7.13.2007

Can't think of anything cool for a title.

After my hissy fit the other day about the heat, of course it cooled down and the humidity plummeted. It's magic! And y'all wondered why I crab so much.
I've finished the current clue on the first of my two MS3 stoles and am pretty darn close to finishing on the second, which is a good thing because the 3rd clue will be out this morning some time. I believe the camera will be back from it's vacation some time this evening, so pictures will happen.
While sweating, swelling and bitching through the last heat wave, I picked up the Dean Koontz book 'Odd Thomas' . There's a line in the book that goes "Recognizing the structure of your psychology doesn't mean that you can easily rebuild it". For some reason, it sticks with me. I think the key word in the sentence is 'easily'. Sometimes recognizing the issues in your life is simple. Getting past them is simple, but not necessarily easy. It's a work in progress, just like anything else that's worth doing. Anyway, I'm a sucker for the story and cry near the end every time I read this book. I know, I know, but it's true.
The kids are supposed to come visit us next month. I guess that means I'll have to get some painting done, redo another floor and actually break down and put beds in the other two bedrooms. (One of the rooms is currently nothing more that a pass through to get to the larger closet, and the other is being used as a workroom for my knitting and other projects.) This is actually a great motivator for me, because without some sort of deadline, big projects tend to languish in a corner while I do stuff I want to do instead of what needs done.
Heh Heh... Can't wait to see the little one's reaction to being followed around the yard by a chicken. I believe I'm looking forward to that more than her mom is looking forward to the outlet shopping in Lancaster.

No comments: