5.02.2007

Telling on myself

Ever have one of those days where you wonder if your brain is totally all used up?

The other day I wanted some peanut butter on crackers. The peanut butter was stiff because the house was chilly since I forgot to close the windows. So I got the bright idea of putting it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm/soften it up. Hit the start button, turned away and ZAPOW!!!! Lightening storm in the microwave. That little bit of foil that didn't get pulled off when we opened the jar, yeah, that little bit of foil...

Later that same day, fixing dinner, putting some vegetables in one of those little pouches in the microwave. Hit start, walk away and KABOOM!! Sounded like a shotgun outside the window. You know, you're supposed to put a little slit in the bag to vent steam.....

Twice, in one freakin day I tried to kill the microwave and it still works. Amazing!

On to knitting.. After trying to rearrange the office/bathroom/junk repository, I went back to work on the possible buddy sox so the second sock is halfway finished. I'm loving the Regia Silk. It's 55% merino, 20% silk and 25% polyamid. It feels like I'm knitting with soft fluffy air.

Anyway, it's back to bed for me for a while. Lucy fell out of bed at 1:00 this morning and we've been up since then. Nap time for us.

1 comment:

Alotta.knittin said...

This is a bit after the fact, but...step away from the microwave, m'am, slowly, just step away...