9.28.2007

Awwww

Got the sweetest phone call last night.

A little voice calling to ask me how to spell GrammyT. Then I'm informed that she likes her headband and that it fits and it will keep her ears warm and she doesn't have to write 'Thank You' because the card already says that part and she's getting so big she can almost wear mommy's shirts. Then she took a breath. Then she was in a 'Heart Walk' at school which is fun and the walk was in the gym and her partner in the walk was a little girl she didn't really know but she seemed really nice and they might be friends now and at different stations you could stop and jump rope if you wanted to and it was lots of fun. Second breath.

Whew, after you spend time talking to adults, it's a little hard to keep up with all that delivered in about 1 minute - but I'll do my darnedest as long as she wants to tell me what's going on in her world.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love those phone calls! It's just amazing how many words they can get out in such a short period of time. And isn't it nice to live in a world where you make a new friends just because you were walking beside them for 3 minutes?