8.21.2007

One li'l picture

I haven't forgotten this blog. I've just been waiting around for the camera to come home. Maybe tonight it will come back.




I do have one li'l picture. It's this:


That's the yarn I ordered for the Clapotis knit along. If you want to join, or just see what's going on, you can go here.



For other stuff, it's a rainy dreary day and I am feeling wonderful! Seems like a contradiction, doesn't it? The thing is, I slept about 7 hours last night. For most people that's no big deal, but around here it practically qualifies as a miracle. Evil cat (Princess) usually decides around 2:00 am that she really, truly needs a bowl of hot water (yep, hot water). When she tries to wake me up, Lucy (the dog on my header) tries to protect me and usually ends up jumping on me trying to get to the cat. Gooooooood morning! Last night, everyone was good and let me sleep in 'til 4:30.


For some reason, I was thinking about life lessons this morning. One that is hard to learn (or was for me): The world does not revolve around you. No matter how much we want it to, it just doesn't work that way.



It was such a shock when this dawned on me when I was younger. After you get used to the idea, it's really sort of comforting. It frees you up in so many ways. You don't have to be cool. You don't have to worry about how to be the center of attention. No wasted energy wondering why everyone doesn't like you. You can go on through your life making sure that the ones you love know they're loved. Make your little area as good as you can. Hopefully try to make someone else's area a little nicer.



PLUS you can stop wasting time judging everything. Here's an example of the trying not to judge.... (trying)


At a small local store, we were waiting in the checkout line. The counters are set up in a confusing way and a young man went to the wrong side of the counter and was told to get in the back of the line. The clerk was an older (late 60's) lady and got really upset with him, telling us he was stupid and should pay attention, etc... We're usually the people that say hi to clerks, try to be pleasant and thank them for taking care of our transaction. She was busy being upset to the point of being rude. As we were leaving, the first thought you have is "What a B***h!" Then, it occurs to you, she's at least in her late 60s. You KNOW she doesn't want to be working on her feet as a cashier at this stage of her life. She must have a great need in her life if this is what she has to do. (If you've never done it, let me tell you, it's work! Hours and hours on your feet on concrete.)



Oh well, enough brain farts for one day... hopefully some nice pictures soon..

No comments: