8.10.2007

Can't wait to tell this one....

OK OK gotta tell you this...
Remember how I was whining about how life in general sucks and we've had some problems and I needed to remember that things work out?? Of course you don't. But, that's fine. I'll reiterate a bit here. Through my life, it's always happened that things work out. Often not the way I wanted, but the way they needed and usually in a much better way than I wanted.
Well, hubby changed jobs in early June to a commission only line of work. Can we say broke??? Thank goodness for Aldi stores and thank goodness we aren't big shoppers and thank goodness I can juggle like a circus star to keep creditors at bay. BUT, you kind of start to worry about all the responsibilities you have to take care of. You know, you sleep about 3 hours a night, no extras, no yarn even...
We got the Pittsburgh house sold!! Yes, it was a deficit closing (meaning we had to come up with more than we sold it for to get out from under the payments), but we won't be paying utilities through the winter again on a house we don't live in. Lemme tell ya - heating a 100+ yr old house in the northern part of the country ain't cheap. Not only will we no longer have that house payment, utility bills and dare-I-say-it the ridiculously high Allegheny County taxes, there was a small mistake made by the closing company in estimating the amount of money we needed to send to complete the deal. I take full responsibility for the mistake. For some reason, a southern accent does not translate well when you tell people in the northern part of the country that you've already paid expenses involved in the transaction. Soooo, when we got our packet of paperwork back, there are two, count 'em, two checks in there. The total is not hugely impressive, but it will surely help out around here.
AND, the husband had a deal 'come back from the dead'. One that was not going to work no matter what is now going full force and looks like it's going to come to fruition over the next couple of weeks.
It may not seem like much to you, but to us these represent the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and the first steps towards black out of a sea of red.
THAT's why I b*tch at myself about having a little faith and being patient. I just turned 50 (eewwww) and you would think I had that figured out by now.
The camera isn't back from it's little hiatus yet, but when it is you will be treated by the wonderfulness that is my Sockapalooza package. I've taken everything out of the box, fondled it, petted it, made the husband pet it, and put it all back in the box so you can see a re-enactment of the unveiling.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I too believe that things work out eventually. I also know how hard it can be to remember when things seem bleak. I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. Here's hoping for continued improvements!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog and your faith! I'm visiting from MS3. Congrats on the expected grandchild. I'm 51 and our first was born 3/1/06. She's precious and just a joy! You'll have lots of fun! Little knit hats get lots of wear - in cashsoft or cotton!