9.24.2008

Hi - Whatcha doin?

Good grief. Seems like we've been busy, but it's spinning our wheels. Which is ok, cause we do like hanging out with each other. Here's about as energetic as it gets:

Friday & Skippy

That's two stubborn animals not about to give up the bed for each other. The cat is Friday and the dog is Skippy. Friday just doesn't look like her old self anymore. She's lost about 13-1 4 pounds and is now a downright svelte 15 lbs. I know, I know, it's HUGE. She really IS a biggish girl, but she's tall and long and carries it well.

As far as knitting goes, I've joined the MS4 knitalong and have finished clues one and two. So far it looks like this:

MS4 Clues 1 & 2

It's a bit of an odd combination, but to me it seems really 'fallish'. I'm using a fingering weight yarn called Breeze that's 40% alpaca and 60% wool. It just feels squishy and soft and warm. Just the thing for the cooler mornings on the horizon very soon.

There's been some random knitting. I'm working on a little backpack thingy for the oldest granddaughter. How many kids do you think will have a beaded purple alpaca bag? That's what I thought. Not many. Thank goodness the girl likes beads - and purple - and soft stuff. She's most surely a girly girl in every sense of the word. Not like her grammy at all.

Also sent out a few 7x9 inch squares to a local knitter who's working on a blanket for a family member from TX. I guess Ike hit them really hard and comfort items will be a real blessing for them while they're getting re-settled. It makes me wish I was a quicker knitter and could provide more.

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

Very, very nice!
I'm still knitting away on mine.