11.06.2007

How can I be so busy?

I don't get it. I really don't.


I thought when you quit working, you'd sort of lounge around, eat bonbons and do lunch. OK, OK when you pick yourself up off the floor from laughing at me, just let me know.


  • First thing every morning as soon as I get up, there's the obligatory pot of coffee and some knitting.

  • Then comes down the scrawny cat who must chew my toes - morning pedicure whether I like it or not.

  • I have to get a dish of HOT water (the hottest the tap will produce) for scrawny cat or get my leg shredded while listening to pitiful yowling. It seems to be her morning fix like the coffee is mine.

  • Then comes the black dog who needs loves and pets.

  • Then comes the husband (He's a loan officer for a mortgage company.) who deserves and gets some coffee, conversation and all around attention. His picture is on the right, yeah, the cute guy over there.

  • Then comes the beagle who must be greeted - yes, greeted. He sits and looks at you and whimpers until you say "Good Morning" in this weird cheerful tone of voice.

  • Then there's ironing whatever the husband wants to wear today. I know, it would be easier to do it all at once, but this works for me so there.

  • Maybe find something to send to work with him for his lunch, or at least a couple of pop tarts.

  • OK by now it's getting to be daylight, so I wrap a blanket around my big ole butt and stand on the back porch (in full view, mind you) make these strange chirpy noise until the chickens come running and throw cat chow all over the yard for them. (Yeah, they're cannibals - who knew?)

This all happens pretty much before "normal" people get out of bed. Not a lot of stuff, nothing hard, but it's time consuming.


This week, I've also set up and filled a database with some possible client information for someone, prepared three mailings for someone, done a good size order of stitch markers for a customer and got sucked down into the great black hole of Ravelry which I'm loving. There are so many ideas, patterns and lots of people to ask if there's a project you may want some help with. If you aren't on there yet, I'd sign up.


Anywho, gotta go do some housewifey stuff and Christmas stuff and walk the dogs and water the chickens and plan dinner and make a grocery list and work on that database stuff and...

No comments: